The hotel has an Emergency Procedures Manual, which covers a wide variety of crisis situations which includes Threat Management and Heightened Safety & Security Measures. This manual is reviewed with all Executive Committee members semi-annually.
· Five back-up generators.
· Life Safety panels are on UPS back-up.
· Two par disposable flashlights with light sticks.
· Portable lanterns.
· Drug Free Workplace policy is in place.
· Zero Tolerance Workplace Violence policy/training is in place.
· Zero Tolerance Harassment policy/training is in place.
Guest Room Security
· Electronic locks.
· Secondary locking device for entry, sliding and connecting doors.
· Entry door viewer.
· Self-closing entry door.
· The hotel has fire sprinklers throughout the property and each guest room has a smoke detector.
· The closest fire department is in Waikiki, 1 mile away.
· The emergency phone number is ext. 21.
· The hotel meets the Hotel & Motel Fire Safety Act of 1990.
· Fire evacuation maps are on file and drills are conducted semi-annually involving all team members.
· The fire alarm system includes one-way voice communication to all floors, outlets, some common areas and ballrooms.
· Doctors On Call located on property. See separate section.
· Straub Clinic and Hospital, 888 S. King Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, (808) 522-4000, 4 miles away.
· Queens Medical Center, 1301 Punchbowl Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, (808) 538-9011, 5 miles away.
· There are CPR/First Aid trained staff on every shift.
· In-house security personnel are Certified Lodging Security Officers.
· The closest police station is the Waikiki Sub-Station, 2405 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815, 1 mile away.
· 24 hour Safety and Security at ext. 70050.
· CCTV cameras are provided in the garage entry and exits, elevator lobbies, front desk, front service luggage storage, loading docks, key control and cashier’s cage.